My effort for this week is an altered notebook and is gold and brown. I used a gold paint dabber, swirl stamps from the Artistic Stamper, paper flowers which I lurrrrrve and a bit of ribbon. This has now been sent to a friend as my January piece for the me to you swap which I am involved with. I decorated the inside too, but didn't scan it, the lustre of the gold paint does not show up on the piccy. I played with the stamping, I dried some of the swirl and then added clear embossing powder and re heated, this caused a more rough effect rather than a smooth shiney one.
I will also confess to the boob I made too, I thought I was clever by removing the spiral wires with my wire cutters to make it easier to paint, thinking I could cut and use some of my own wires. Ummmmm, didn't have any that fit, did I. After sulking, fiddling with wires and head scratching, I threaded fibres through the holes but did'nt like it, pulled out my ribbon drawer and found one lonely length of gold ribbon, eureka, threaded it through and personally was much happier with it. Hope Kerry likes it too.